Sometimes you just need a change. Maybe you need more space for a growing family. Or perhaps the look of your home could use a refresh. This is where remodelling comes in. While it may look fun on TV, it’s not as easy as it looks. Remodelling can be enjoyable and rewarding, but it can also be a stressful and expensive process if you’re not prepared. Don’t worry; we’re here to help.
There are a range of options when it comes to remodelling your home, but if your budget can only stretch to remodelling one room, that room should be the kitchen. It’s estimated that a new kitchen will improve the value of your property by around 6%. It’s also one of the most important rooms for prospective buyers, so it’s worth some serious consideration.
Here are the top ten things you should think about before you begin your kitchen remodelling/renovation.
- Determine what you wish to achieve with your renovation
- Set a realistic budget
- Plan your new kitchen appliances carefully
- Decide how you are going to carry out your plan
- Understand the key elements of great kitchen design
- It’s all in the detail
- Decide on your color scheme
- Decide on the best material for your work surfaces
- Consider how best to use the space
- Design your space around your appliances
As a homeowner, you’re free to make any changes you want. You’re the one who has to live there, after all. So if you plan to stay awhile, don’t shy away from upgrades that make it more comfortable and enjoyable.
However, understand that when it does come time to sell, you might need to invest in additional renovations or upgrades that make your home more attractive to potential buyers.
Ready to renovate but need some extra help choosing the right appliances to fit with your new design? Get in touch today.